Saturday, March 2, 2013

[:things fall apart, or how i stopped worrying and learned to love the bomb:]

     Society disgusts me.

      Take democracy.  No, really.  Take it.  Keep it away, lock it in a box, and then kick the box as hard as you can.  Because you see, kids, "Democracy" is really an minority playing on the emotions and gullibility of the majority.

     Gun control is a damn good example. Just cause a couple kids decided to stop getting kicked by life and start kicking back, doesn't mean we should ban shoes. Society is screwing with those kids and then blaming them for being screwed up. Rap, metal, drug use, misuse of guns, violent games, etc. are all SYMPTOMS, not causes, of what's wrong with our society.

     The more valves you block off, the more likely they are to explode -- or implode. And whose fault is that? If you shake up a bottle of Coke, then open it and it explodes in your face, who do you blame? If you kick a dog and he bites off your foot, who do you blame? The slow loss of liberties is going on right now, and you won't even notice until they take away something you care about, like free speech. Politics is a rich man's game, anyway.

     Just *try* running for public office without millions of dollars and the support of a major party. Actually, everything is like that. Think about it... to get any sort of a good job in this country, you need a college degree; to get that, you need four years (at least, longer for advanced degrees or if you should happen to need a job in order to eat/ have a place to sleep/ pay your tuition.) of free time, and either a) have been a supergenius with no life in high school in order to have gotten a scholarship, or b) have the tuition or the means to get it. Which means you already have money. Or c), you can take out a loan (student or otherwise ) and get screwed over by some rich bastard (not all rich people are bastards, just some of them) who decides the interest rate, and you can't do anything about it, since you're the one who's begging for money.

     Either that, or you spend your life flipping burgers at some greasy fast food "restaurant" which should have a sign on the door reading something like "WARNING: The mere act of walking through this door may cause a heart attack." If cancerstick companies and gun manufacturers should be responsible for how people use their products, those people should be responsible for the heart attacks they cause. I firmly believe that you should be responsible for what you do, or you should be locked up until you are. No more of the defense that goes, "It's not my fault that I bought the gun, bought the ammo, learned how to load, aim, and shoot, found someone I disliked, and shot that person. It's the gun company's fault for making the gun, never mind that there are many legitimate uses for them." Anyone using that should be laughed out of court and be given a double sentence for contempt of court.

     I'd tell you more, but no matter how much you sympathize with me, feel for me, love me, hate me, test me, or judge me, you will never understand me; you will never know me. No matter how much I tell you, beg you, plead you, I will never hammer it into your thick head. Even my small inner circle of friends, who are possibly the last thing I love on this spinning cesspool in space that we live on, don't really know me.

     In closing, if there's anyone out there who feels the same way I do about Life, the Universe, and Everything, don't let them push you so far over the edge that you a) kill yourself or b) kill one or more of them. Keep your anger, your rage, your pain, your angst, your hate, your fire, your frustration. Hold on to it. Use it to fight back against this world.

     Don't get depressed that you're so screwed up, get pissed that they screwed you up when you were too young to think for yourself.

     In fifth grade history, I "learned" (actually, my teacher told me as a fact) that the Civil War started because Lincoln was the first President in almost a hundred years to recognize that slavery was evil and to have the courage to risk splitting the Union for what was right. I was tested on that, and I accepted it as truth. In eighth grade, I "learned" (same deal) that the Civil war really started partially because the population based representation in the House and in Presidential elections favored the North way too much, partially because the merchants up North got richer than the farmers in the South, but mainly it was still about slaves. In twelfth grade, I was told that it all started when Lincoln was elected without even being on the ticket in the South, and slavery didn't even come into things until about halfway through. And authority wonders why I hate and despise them so. (and by the way, there are still slaves. Everybody at fast food places cleaning up bathrooms, working for minimum wage, is a slave. They can't educate themselves cause they have neither the spare time or the money, and they can't get the spare time or the money cause of the job that they need the better education to get out of)

        This is why I like math. Some corrupt scion of authority can't tell me that the derivative of tan is sec squared and then change their mind three years later.


     So there.
     And if you don't like it?

     Bite me.


si vis pacem, para bellum

No comments:

Post a Comment