Thursday, February 28, 2013

[:this is what you want, this is what you get:]

     "For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. For that which I do, I do not allow: for what I would, that I don't do; but I do what I hate. If then I do that I would not want to do, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no longer I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) nothing good exists: for the desire to good is present with me; but how to actually make that desire reality is still a mystery. For the good that I want, I do not do: but the evil which I would not do, that I do. (Ah, the Irony). Now if I do that I would not do, it is no more I who do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"

      One of the strongest motives that lead men to art and science is escape from everyday life with its painful crudity and hopeless dreariness, from the fetters of one's own ever-shifting desires. A finely tempered nature longs to escape from the personal life into the world of objective perception and thought;

      If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

      The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the most discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny..." Or, by contrast "Oops". I think in all my attempts at discerning the better part of the universe, the one conclusion I've come to is that he who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

      Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. You have been trapped in the inescapable net of ruin by your own want of sense. Few things are brought to a successful issue by impetuous desire, but most by calm and prudent forethought.

      "No scientist, however devoted, can avoid the personal equation. Note even a computer can arrive at a cold, impersonal scientific conclusion for they are programed by fallible humans. All that the scientist can do is to hope that his opinions will be like Ivory Soap, 99% pure. The sad fact is that most of us don't make it by about fifty percent. "

      Oops.

you’ll never take me alive, you robotic son-of-a-bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment